About the team
Our Commercial team develop new relationships between our business and some of the world’s biggest companies by articulating and demonstrating the benefits of our unique proposition, products and process. Working closely with our Marketing team, they are the first point of contact for potential new clients and are responsible for creating partnerships that are commercially for successful for our clients and us alike.
They will identify, approach and develop dialogues with our target clients whilst communicating our point of view on the world and sharing our expert thought leadership with them through workshops, content and events. They will also work with experts from across our business to develop programmes of work that help those companies to get fit for the future and successfully onboard clients.
About the role
We’re looking for a dynamic focused Partnership Lead to join our growing team. Reporting to the Commercial Director, you will be primarily responsible for executing our new business strategy, fostering new relationships and selling in our value proposition and seeking out and closing the first commercial opportunity to work with new clients. In close collaboration with the Marketing Director, you will identify, meet and convert target brands and organisations into clients. You will be responsible for ensuring that our client teams have a full roster of exciting clients and interesting programmes across our Capability Building, Experience Design, Proposition Invention, Product Development and Innovation service lines. As well as developing relationships with new and existing members of our network, you will take the lead on the initial engagement and pitch process, utilizing our team of experts and ensuring that any new working relationships are successfully on-boarded into the studio to be scaled out into partnerships.
On a day-to-day basis, you will be responsible for:
- Handling, qualifying and filtering all inbound new business enquires and create face to face meetings and business opportunities.
- Maintaining a detailed knowledge of all of our case studies and projects in order to prepare insightful and relevant new business presentations.
- Inspiring our pipeline to the benefits and value of working with a unique partner like us.
- Identification and management of our prospect pipeline, ensuring they receive an outstanding and memorable experience from first point of contact to onboarding.
- Analysis and tiering of the current prospect pipeline, defining development plans and pursuit strategies for each tier and specific prospects.
- Establishing and maintaining strategic relationships with prospects across their business at relevant seniority and job function.
- Building and enhancing the perception and understanding of our brand in the minds of our prospects, using the full suite of marketing tools at your disposal – where necessary collaborating with the Marketing team to generate bespoke communications, insights, and thought pieces.
- Awareness of our prospects short/medium/long term strategic, business and personal objectives and plans, and ensuring that our unique POV is demonstrated to them in a relevant and inspiring manner.
- Provision of guidance to the client teams on the short/medium/long term commercial opportunities within specific prospects.
- Informing, contributing to and, where appropriate, leading on new business proposals (including RFP/RFIs) and pitches with the Commercial Director and relevant agency-client team.
- Identification of problems within a prospect’s business and sell in of relevant and appropriate solutions to their benefit and our commercial gain.
- Being the first point of contact for our prospects, working with the Commercial Director and Head of Client Services to ensure all relationships with key stakeholders are mapped to the appropriate level with our team.
- Attending where relevant industry and networking events to draw new organisations into our network.
- 4 years experience in a commercially focused digital role within marketing or product development.
- Demonstrable and proven background in winning new business opportunities and consistently exceeding revenue targets.
- Successful track record of bringing sustainable new business partnerships into your sales organisation and transitioning them to client account teams.
- Have significant exposure to different project methodologies including Lean, Agile and Waterfall.
- Operated within a fast-paced and varied agency environment.
Natural affinity for technology and innovation and the opportunities they present.
- Commercially driven to hunt down and close client partnerships and transition them into the year business for further growth.
- Confidently articulate a value proposition with all levels of decision-makers.
- Can clearly articulate client requirements in detail and cascade into client services and account managements teams within the business.
- Comfortable working with and maintaining consistently strong contact across new business prospects.
- Eager – to make the best possible impression with clients.
- Ambitious – hungry to close new business opportunities and transition them into scalable partnerships.
- Confident – to sell in all aspects of our value proposition to any seniority level of client.
- Collaborative – working with your business peers to deliver best-in-class proposition to customers.
- Curious – Agile and commercial thinker about how technology can help businesses grow and excite their customers.
We’d love it if you…
- Have deep exposure to the sectors we have traditionally operated in – retail, travel, financial services and utilities.
- Have won awards at an individual level or as part of your client’s digital work
- Have been a part of a booming and successful start-up culture
There are loads of great reasons to become part of our team. Alongside our annual weekender, we hold regular company training days, Lab days, share breakfast and wind-down drinks every Friday and have unlimited coffee and snacks to keep us going through the working week.
There are also flexible working hours, your birthday off [because no-one wants to work on their birthday], comprehensive health plan and a monthly benefit budget to spend on whatever you like, such as the gym, Netflix, Spotify or shopping vouchers.